THEME: THE THREE ANGELS’ CALL TO PRAYER
If prayer can’t do it, then it cannot be done!
“Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people. REVELATION 14:6, ESV”
Prayer is a two-way conversation in which believers listen to God and talk to Him. In Steps to Christ it says “Prayer is the opening of the heart to God as to a friend… Through sincere prayer we are brought into a connection with the mind of the Infinite…but without unceasing prayer and diligent watching we are in danger of growing careless and of deviating from the right path.”*
The prayer ministry exists to pray and encourage people to connect to Jesus Christ through prayer. Prayer is power and so the Amsterdam Ghana SDA Church Prayer ministry is passionate about empowering everyone that is willing, with the tools of effective praying. The ministry is committed to serve the corporate church and the Amsterdam community by praying fervently for our community, members, leaders, Pastor, and persons who so desire.
“Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” **
To spiritually strengthen and support every ministry, pastor, and administrator at every level of the church by fusing the three fundamental elements of mission—prayer, Bible study, and ministry.
Goals / Objectives:
• To help every member to develop, “a culture of prayer” where prayer becomes a necessity and a priority in their daily lives.
• To encourage ministry leaders to effectively promote prayer as an integral part of the success of any ministry.
• To establish Amsterdam Ghana SDA church as the community “House of Prayer.” (Isaiah 56:7)
• To awaken a sense of our need to have prayer as a central daily experience.
• To motivate members to practice prayerful life each moment of their existence this will enhance deeper relationship with Jesus and with one another.
• To educate the church on the science, power and ministry of prayer.
• To help the church to be more intentional about prayer and to have more members actively involved in intercessory prayers for others.
• To strengthen other ministries and programs of the church.
Methods and activities
• Mid-week prayer meeting, every Wednesday from 20:00 – 21:30
• Every Sabbath, mid-morning and late morning prayer. 09:00a.m. – 09:30 a.m. and 11:00a.m. – 11:30a.m.
• Every first Sabbath of the month is all day fasting and prayer.
• Every second and last quarter of the year is all night prayer.
• Small groups prayer ministries (Twelve tribes)
• October 21days fasting and prayers.
• Every November 10days fasting and payer.
• Every January 10days fasting and prayer.
• Visiting of church members, community and hospitals
• Prayer Partners
• Data-interest ministries
• Daily Morning Devotion, from Sunday till Friday.